Solved! Go to solution

Face set is unselectable

In Part edit, I've joined two solid bodies with the Union command and a Face set was created. It is now unselectable in Assembly.   Any ideas what's going on?

5 REPLIES

Re: Face set is unselectable

[ Edited ]

The part is unselectable? Might be helpful if you upload the part file.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: Face Set is unselectable

I started with one Protrusion, brought in another body as an Interpart Copy, used the break command to break from the original. This created a Face Set and a Construction Body of this Interpart Copy. I then toggled the Construction Body to a Design Body and this new Design Body can't be activated - it's grayed out. This created two Solid Bodies (the face set still exists in feature list) . I then joined both Solid Bodies with the Union command. So the Design Bodies go away and the part becomes just the Face Set which still exists last in the feature list and is unselectable in Assembly. 

I've since Split the part into two Solid Bodies at a different spot, and now I have two Design Bodies and everything is selectable now so it's fixed. But I'm curious as to why the Union of a face set and a Protrusion produced a Face Set that was unselectable.

You can't upload the part?

Bruce Shand

Here's the part, but I can't seem to re-create exactly what I described above.

Still curious as to why you can't activate the new Solid Body (after you toggle from Construction).

Something with the Union command settings regarding Construction/Design Bodies perhaps?

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Planker81
‎03-02-2016 01:37 PM

That part has one design body and one construction body. Neither of which are able to be toggled to the other mode. In other words, it's messed up. Smiley Happy

I insert part copied it to a new part and got a usable part with two design bodies.

Bruce Shand