Face style backside

Phenom
Phenom

What peramiter within face styles control the back vs. the front of an applied bit map? The reason I ask is some of my face styles are different from other (Just the inside faces of bitmaps). but I can figure out what is controlling that.

Attached are two PNG file containing screen shots of the two cases.

5 REPLIES

Re: Face style backside

Phenom
Phenom

I have a very related quetion. When looking at face styles from the material properties dialog, I have some material that can't be edited. What causes unedtiablity of a Face style?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi there, the only way I found to bypass this problem is to paint de top with texture and the inside with clear white. 

Alex

Tôlerie2.jpg

Good Marketing makes the company look smart.
Great Marketing makes the customer feel smart.

Phenom
Phenom

I found the setting. It's opacity. It's not a 100% solution, but it's enough to make things look better.

Alexander: How did you get your expanded metal to come out right over the corners? I assume that is a bitmap on sheet metal and not completely modeled. Can you post the bitmap you used to make that happen. I'm also still looking for a good bitmap to use on diamond plate as well. Once I get those two bitmaps worked out, I also need to find appropriate hatching patterns for Expanded metal and Diamond plate.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I put my texture in world instead of surface (I'm not sure if I pick the right word because my Solid Edge is in French). So here is a screenshot to help.

I put the textures of expanded metal and diamond grip in the compressed file

Alex

monde.JPG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

For the corner...

I think by default, the texture is always positioned according to the longest line as X and Y in the shortest ... What is sometimes annoying. I solves this by creating two textures, one at 0deg and the other with a rotation of 90deg.