Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed & Missing Geometry assembly relationships: Large effect on performance and stability?

Good afternoon everyone,

A question for the Solid Edge gurus and the technical guys knowing the inner workings of Solid Edge. When working with large assemblies, what's the effect of failed & missing assembly relationships on performance and stability? Or shouldn't one be to worried about it?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Capture.JPG

Kind regards,
Theodore Turner

Solid Edge 2019 MP6
Teamcenter 11.3
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Failed & Missing Geometry assembly relationships: Large effect on performance and stability?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hey buddy @TheodoreTurner,

This [in lieu of being said guru, or technical guy] bothers me on discovery....but doesn't appear to impact anything, performance wise, not that our assemblies would be anywhere as large as your's......so we have on occasion, left an assembly like that, providing it still conforms to general setups.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Re: Failed & Missing Geometry assembly relationships: Large effect on performance and stability?

Phenom
Phenom

@TheodoreTurner ,

Although I am not a "Solid Edge gurus and the technical guy" I'll quickly lay out my understanding and experience with this.  In short, if you expect to need that model again in the furture, fix or replace the failed relations.

If the geometry that a relationship uses is now missing that relationship will no longer be held.  In our usage we rely on relationships between parts to hold the entire model together.  If some other part in the assmebly is revised in a way that would cause the physical build to be different our model must update and the print will show a dimension has changed.  When the relationships are "sick" or failing that will not happen.  So in our case we must not have failed relationships, we fix them and sometimes at great cost if there are many instances in the assembly and many assemblies using the part.  I started a thread a week or so ago about being able to rename face IDs as it related to missing geometry failed relationships.

It really depends on your needs, if you use a model once and you're done with it then who cares.  If that assembly has a usefull life of a couple decades or more with revisions along the way, you're just passing the work onto the next person.

->If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.
->If you have started a thread and a response solves the problem or answers the question you asked, then please mark it as solution. Note, there can be multiple solutions for a thread.