Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family of Parts - Pass Variable or PMI data through to Members

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Gurus around the world!

I am working on a project where I have 8 part specifications with tabulated drawings that have similar but varying materials, heat treatments, and plating requirements. The part geometry is simple and the FOP handles each iteration beautifully!

What I need is to create a text/string variable containing the part revision, material, heat treat, and plating within the FOP member definition. I cannot see how to do this.

Currently I am setting the material and part revsion in the Member part file. With having hundreds of part numbers I dred the day of having a revision. I will have to open each part file to change these items instead of managing all from the master FOP list.

Is there a way to pass string data through the part files to drawings?

-Pat

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Family of Parts - Pass Variable or PMI data through to Members

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@PM-DC  There is no way to pass any of that through to the members however if you open the Master and then run Property Manager (App button, Info) you can edit the file properties of the master and all the members in a spreadsheet like form.

As for your last question about passing string data from part files to draft, this can be done with "Property Text" referencing the part's File Properties.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Re: Family of Parts - Pass Variable or PMI data through to Members

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Not the answer I wanted of course. It would be awesome if it could do this.

I did see that the property text will pass from the part files to dft, I just want the world.

Thank you for the response, I greatly apprecate it!