Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feature call out quantity.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@MagRiz,

These are the settings for using smart depth settings in feature callout that should get what you want.

The quantity format in Smart Depth is at your discretion. We use (%QP). This value drives %QN in feature callouts.

p.s. Though the picture shows it %QN has no effect with the slot callout (unfortunately).

SmartDepth.JPG

SmartDepth2.JPG

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@bshandI'm familiar with QN, QC and with QA, but what does %QP define as?

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

P is for Parallel. I'm not really sure it's the best for us but until someone complains...

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help/#uid:calout4h

Bruce Shand

Hi @nominus38

as already mentioned by @bshand this will show th enumber of holes having the same direction of axis, so on a 3 axis machine, can be machined in one setup!

The must not necessarily start at the same height, which is the coplanar option.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We've found it easier to leave the smart definitions as-is, and add the quantity designation to the CALLOUT instead.  So the CALLOUT reads %QAX %HC

If you dimension a hole that only has one instance, you just remove the %QAX.

-Russ

Highlighted

@RBliss  Not sure how it's "easier" to do extra steps. Do you use callouts or smart dim for hole callouts. I like smart dims with the callout setting.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We use callouts when dimensioning hole features.  Using a smart dimension on a hole feature gives us funky looking callouts if there's more than one line (which most are).

I'm saying it's easier to remove the %QA from the General tab that comes up by default, rather than having to switch to the Feature Calout tab, and remove it from which-ever type of hole feature it may apply in that instance.

-Russ

Hi @RBliss

Hi @bshand

as many users there are, as many opinions You will find.

But before changing those prefix on demand if only one hole is there, please remember that from ST9 on we can save those prefix settings into a common file, so You have defined it once and saved,
You only need to choose this saved settings with a single click from menu

regards
Wolfgang

@RBliss  I don't know specifically how your multiline callous might look, there are always exceptions, but I have styles set up so that using dimension style mapping almost every type of dimension comes in automatically appropriately formatted using smart dimensions and other dimensions with the callout setting on.

Bruce Shand

@RBliss wrote:

I'm saying it's easier to remove the %QA from the General tab that comes up by default, rather than having to switch to the Feature Calout tab, and remove it from which-ever type of hole feature it may apply in that instance.

Sorry if I'm belaboring the point but this step you describe is completely unnecessary and obviated by using the smart depth and feature callout functionality. And when I refer to the callout setting I'm meaning the one in the photo. I never use the icon below it for quantity anymore. It's automagical.

callout.JPG

Bruce Shand