Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fehler bei Installation von ST8

Creator
Creator

Hiho,

ich wollte mir gerade die SE Student Version von ST8 installieren, aber folgender Fehler ist aufgetreten. Kann mir da jemand weiterhelfen?

Vielen Dank im Vorraus für eure Hilfe!

MfG

Florian Oltmann

4 REPLIES

Re: Fehler bei Installation von ST8

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @Floh

This seems to be the same problem you were having unintalling ST5. 

Try cleaning out C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime.  Then rerun the SE installer.

Also, see if this helps :

1. Open a Command Prompt(cmd) as the Administrator.
  2. At the command prompt, run the following command:
    x86 Windows OS:  cd C:\Windows\System32
    x64 Windows OS:  cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64
  3. Then run the command : regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Creator
Creator

Hi@mwbaeske,

I tried cleaning out the folder you mentioned and also typing the commands in the cmd, but both didn´t work.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I warned you of this in your ST5 uninstall post, and predicted that you would have this same issue when trying to install ST8.  This vbscript error is normally indicative of a wider system issue and is not specifically Solid Edge related.

You can attempt to spend many hours trying to resolve this issue or you can address it up front and simply rebuild your system.  Having experienced these types of issues many times, I personally would just rebuild the system -- it will be faster in the long run.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @Floh

I hate to say it, but I agree with @uk_dave.  I talked to our developers, and they agreed that an error in the VBScript.dll implies that something is wrong with your operating system - it's not something that SE can resolve.  It might be possible to do a repair on your OS installation rather than a full rebuild, but that might be the most efficient way to get back to a stable system.

Sorry for the bad news...

Melanie