%{File Name (full path)}

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We want our filename and path in the border of drawing, so we can quickly see where a paper version of a drawing is saved on the network. those drawing go also to clients, so we want to hide the first (+-10) characters from the full path. is this possible in the callout properties %{File Name (full path)} ?

many Thanks, Johan

7 REPLIES

Betreff: %{File Name (full path)}

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

AFAIK this is not possible using standard SE functionallity.

Only a macro might be able to to that, but then You create a custom property with a shortend pathname and as long as this would not be an addin which automatically will be involved at every save there could be a wrong filename (pathname) been writen onto Your drawings.

At the moment I haven't fully understand what Your reasons are to do in this matter.

You don't want everybody to know where You have saved Your drafts?

Maybe You only put the filename onto the draft rather than the full pathname?

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I want to know how to hide the beginning of the full path, so not everybody known where we save  our drawings.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

as mentioned, You have to do this via a macro (cusomized program).

I think there is no buildin function to realize that by Solid Edge standard functionallity.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: %{File Name (full path)}

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As mentioned would have to generate a macro for it, but could use a simple trick which can serve, check the video, Thanks

(view in My Videos)

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

first thanks to Kanwulf for giveing me the necessary hint to bring me on the right road.

Instead of using the 2D model sheet with a drawing view of it - when changing the file path since moving the file to a different location, which could make problems ragrding the neessary window size You can put a text element over the legend text, filled with paper color and - done!

This is soemthing You can prepare within Your template and so this might be Your solution!

Here is the video:

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, another great solution for you, regards.

Phenom
Phenom

%{File Name (full path)|R1}

This is what I use. But creates one issue to watch out for.

Whenever I start a draft, I insert the entire assembly first in a few that is not used and NEVER delete it.

The first view of a draft is referred too as R1. If you ever delete R1, the reference will no longer work and you will have to repair all links to R1 after you find the new R#, say R45.

There is no way to repair what is referenced as R1

Note: I also use this every drawing

TOTAL WEIGHT: %{Mass|R1}