Finding text in a draft

Hello Edgers....

Is there a way to find or search text in a draft?  Y'know, like similar to how you would in a pdf or Word document?  Ctrl-f doesn't seem to work.  We are using ST6.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Brian C.

34 REPLIES

Re: Finding text in a draft

Hi,

I don't know direct way to do this (just by macro). @Tushar  any opinions?

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Imics wrote:

Hi,

I don't know direct way to do this (just by macro). @Tushar  any opinions?

BR,

Yea, I was hoping someone had a quick and easy way to do it.  Thanks for the response.

Brian C.

I know it's not a fix, but you could create a PDF of the draft file and then search for the text within Adobe Reader.

Dale Smith

Mitsubishi Electric

Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST9 MP5 - Insight

Dale,

That's an extremely clever way to handle a task I frequently run into - finding balloons in assembly drawings.  There are cases where I want to count up hardware manually and I'm looking for item number balloons on multi page drawings.  I'm going to try that trick on my next drawing.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Dale, yep, great workaround.  I'll forward the suggestion to our user.

Thanks!

Brian C.

[ Edited ]

CADVertex offers a Search Text for Solid Edge.

The program code can be downloaded from this link.

You may need to dig your way down to the last page of this tutorial to access the download link if you are not interested in the making part of it, which is mostly the programming stuff.

The search and replace buttons are working but the other options like searching in callouts, leaders and balloons are not implemented yet.

Its quite painstaking and time-consuming activity, but I will implement the other features soon according to the response to this initial functionality.

~Tushar Suradkar

www.SurfAndCode.in

Buddy,

That's all!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Tushar wrote:

The Solid Edge Maker Faire offers a free Search Text for Solid Edge.

The program and source code can be downloaded from this link.

You may need to dig your way down to the last page of this tutorial to access the download link if you are not interested in the making part of it, which is mostly the programming stuff.

The search and replace buttons are working but the other options like searching in callouts, leaders and balloons are not implemented yet.

Its quite painstaking and time-consuming activity, but I will implement the other features soon according to the response to this initial functionality.

~Tushar Suradkar

www.SurfAndCode.in

Great!  I'll try it out.  Thanks for the effort!  Greatly appreciated!

Brian C.

Thanks Imi for the initial inspiration that kept me awake all night.

This one is dedicated to you... !! Smiley Happy

The download page also contains how to add the Search button to the Ribbon in a new Group and assign the universal Ctrl+F shortcut that Brian sought in his question.

Regards,

Tushar Suradkar

www.SurfAndCode.in