Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First angle view project settings

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Where is the settings for drafting practice to change the projecting view from a first angle to a third angle projection. I know you can reverse the projection by toggling the view but there has to be a setting I am missing to default to a third angle view. I've looked & it's not in any place where one would thinkg it should be.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: First angle view project settings

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Under customer defaults Drafting->General/Setup->Drafting Standard - select 'Customize Standard'

Then under Drawing Format->Sheet - you will find the setting

custom-std.pngprojection angle.png

Regards,
Abe

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Abe. Is there a setting on the current draft file to change that or should changing the customer default also change the existing drawing when creating new views stay as they were.

Siemens Phenom

@LAYKE-TOOL_SE

As far as I know, the customer default will only affect new drawings. It will not change the projection angle of an existing drawing or sheet. As you probably know already, when editing existing sheets you may only change the projection angle if you have not created any projected views yet. Once a projected view exists you cannot modify projection angle used in that sheet.

Regards,
Abe

Pioneer
Pioneer
@Abeinjapan: Thanks. Could you explain to me where in Solid Edge I can find the "Customer Defaults" menu? Cannot find it anywhere, nor does searching the web help.

Siemens Phenom

DvGG , We've separate Solid Edge Forum for Solid Edge related discussions.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks, I am aware of that, but couldn't find anything about default projection-angle settings there.

Siemens Phenom

@DvG wrote:
@Abeinjapan: Thanks. Could you explain to me where in Solid Edge I can find the "Customer Defaults" menu? Cannot find it anywhere, nor does searching the web help.

@DvG , While drawing is open in SE, Go to Applications Button > Settings > Options. Once SE options dialog is open, Select 'Drawing Standards' option then you will find projection angle and all other drawing related settings.

SE_Projection_Angle_Setting.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Abe, 

Your explanation in this post is very clear and I did exactly the same, except that I changed my settings from third to first angle position. When I restarted nx and made a new drawing, it was still the third angle position. Any idea why that is? Or why the setting is not changing as it is supposed to? I am working in an nx template, maybe that is the reason? 

Regards, 
Louise

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Louise_H 

this now is the Solid Edge forum.

Suggest to better place Your question in the NX forum.

regards
Wolfgang