Solved! Go to solution

Fit vs. Fit

When we use the "Fit" button onscreen in draft the result is:

This is the desired result.

When I click on the button "Fit" on my SpacePilot Pro the result is:

Any idea how I can tell the 3D mouse the result has to be the same as the onscreen button?

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user
9 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joris
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Fit vs. Fit

Hi,

Solid Edge provides two fit mode:

• Double click with MMB and this will be fit by sheet
  • Shift + Fit command and this will be fit by drawing views. 3D mouse "fit" supports this mode, but you can change this in Solid Edge. Open a drawing and go to Add-in tab and select customzie button in 3D control group...

Best,  

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Thanks for your answer!

I use ST8 & the mouse driver is version 10.2, I don't have a tab "add-in".

In the customize window I only find the standard "Fit", no "fit by sheet"

But:

Thanks to your explanation I managed to make a "macro" and assign this to the buttong, so problem solved. ;-)

...........................................................................................................

Hi,

My (our) friend @Tushar has a great macro here:

link

Best,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

The need of knowing code is obsolete for this kind of simple things:

@Joris,

What is this macro tool you showed above?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

That's the build-in tool from 3Dconnexion:

Hmmm. Do these macros work without the space devices? For example on keyboard and ribbon?

I never got into using the 3D devices and actually prefer the plain vanilla kbd and mouse.

Sort of like smoking or golf, the first experiences were unpleasant enough that I didn't pursue them further and learn to like them or become addicted.

Smiley Happy

Bruce Shand

I smoked (a lot) but never played golf. 

I can't work in SE without a 3D mouse, the time you win, unexpected!

[ Edited ]

@Joris,

I guess I never used it long enough to get the "runner's high". It's better for me to stay plain vanilla anyway in my current role. I help users so I need to be untethered to custom interface hardware. It's bad enough when some users have selected vertical as opposed to horizontal menus.

BTW, would these macros work without the 3D device? Like keyboard shortcuts or ribbon menu?

Bruce Shand