Flange creation: Invalid bend parameter type

I have a new fresh, install of SolidEdge ST4 on my Dell Precision mobile workstation. Under default install settings and in Sheetmetal it will not add a Flange to a Tab. A Failure Message pop up says "Could not recompute invalid bend parameter type"

I am at a loss what to do to get Sheetmetal working, can anyone help?

7 REPLIES

Re: Flange creation: Invalid bend parameter type

Hi there,

I can't duplicate your error...I can pull a flange in either direction and before placing, can switch between any of the extents, offsets & various other settings with ease.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

What are your bend parameters set to?

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

They are set to the default install parameters, I don't know how to see what they are?

Maybe you could post the problematic ".PSM" file here, and either myself or another will be able to identify the issue for you.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

The only thing I can think of is that you overspecified the tab relative to the way the bend is to be added. ie the part is fixed in space and size, and you are asking the bend to use some of that fixed dimension in your tab.

Hello Sean,

Not sure if I've done this correctly please find screengrab file attached, I mean literally this is a default install of Solid Edge ST4, opened Sheetmetal, created a tab, tried to add a flange and I get this pop up when I close the Flange command. This was all in Ordered mode.

Yesterday, tried grappling with Synchronous mode and in this mode the Flange command worked!?

But, I need to work in Ordered mode until I'm up to speed on Synchronous

Regards,

Simon

Sean meant the actual saved sheet metal part file. The reason he's asking for this is because this is not repeatable on other installs, and no one can help you much further unless you save your file and post it for us to take a look at. Then we can offer a better solution!

-Dylan Gondyke