Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating licenses : how to ban a user currently using a license ?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have a problem with Solid Edge ST4 : I own two floating licenses, but the two are locked in use on two machines. One of them has been reset. The other is working correctly, but even when down, still uses the license.

So even if no session of Solid Edge is running, I'm unable to open Solid Edge on an other machine.

Is there a way to ban, or to unlog, a user from the server while he is supposed to use the license ?

Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES

Re: Floating licenses : how to ban a user currently using a license ?

Phenom
Phenom

When you say it has been 'locked' on a machine do you mean it has been borrowed ?

If so check who borrowed the license, what machine it is on and who borrowed it.

Then log in on the machine as that user and try returning the license.

Start Menu > All Programs> Solid Edge[version] > Licensing > License Borrowing

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP6 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Experimenter
Experimenter

No, it was not borrowed.

It's been used normally, but I realised I could'nt open a new session when all other machines were down... Seems to be a bug to me.

I tried tu use the License Borrowing manager, with no result.

Phenom
Phenom

The license borrowing utility should show you which machines and users are using a license.

Have you tried re-booting the license server to see if that clears it ?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP6 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, the license borrowing utility show me which users are supposed to use a license, such as LMTools.

I tried several times to reboot the server with no results, but I seem to have found a solution.

I deactivated the "Use services" option before shutting down the server on LMTools.

I reactivated the server and the option, and after a while everything started running normally.

Thanks for your help on that !