For 2D Drafting: How to set-up custom company information on draft template for printing

3 REPLIES

Re: For 2D Drafting: How to set-up custom company information on draft template for printing

I'll try to help, but not much information to go on. I'm assuming you are trying to setup your draft template to show company name and address. Go to your brackground sheet and edit/add text box of your template. You can find your background if you go to View, and at Sheet Views there is a button for Background. You probably have backgrounds for A, B, C, and D sheet sizes.

If that's not what you're looking for, I just looked like a silly fool for trying to make an assumption....

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Re: For 2D Drafting: How to set-up custom company information on draft template for printing

BoatTech,

Thank you for the suggestion, I believe you are guiding my intentions.

I have been to templates and put a company name on A, B, C, D sheets of ansi inch drafts.

I have opened a new draft doc. and the company name appears, so looks good.

Good, as in the name is there... better if the entire title block was massaged - maybe later.

I am learning (of course) how to ask a question of direction when at the first brick of the yellow brick road.

When you make your template, you can add callout properties.

This is a text that is filled in automatically by the properties of your part/assembly/...

A big time saver.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user