Forum layout messed up

Phenom
Phenom

Is it me or since this morning the Forum layout is changed in a very messed way ?

I hope is not an "update" caue it looks even more worst than what it was.

50 REPLIES

Re: Forum layout messed up

Phenom
Phenom

Oh now I see something totally new, so I was just to fast and see the forum in the middle of the update.

Let's see in the next hours what's happen.

By now it look promising.

Legend
Legend
Looks like they are trying to copy Reddit... This format might be good for a tablet where full screen is the only option but wastes a ton of space on a desktop with multi window support.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Yes there was a major update last night to how the community is presented - there was a message on the site that this was coming - but its always a surprise when you login to a familiar website and it seems everything has changed! I am sure we will get familiar with it and see some of the advantages over the next few days.

{David Chadwick}, {Solid Edge Global Product Marketing}, {Siemens PLM Software}

Phenom
Phenom

What a new "suit"! I like it!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom
Looks good but there is some missing icons to my side.

For example I see a little white square beside the Reply button and the same square over the kudos button.

MLombard
Retired

I think this setup isn't going to work well on old IE versions. Depending on what you're using, you might try to update your browser.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Phenom
Phenom
I do use Chrome Browser

MLombard
Retired

@nanan00 If you find the site a bit spread out, I recommend setting your browser to display at about 80% to make the layout more readable. It might even look better on a portrait oriented monitor. I have dual monitors, and keep one portrait for docs that work better in that orientation (like long email lists, word docs, etc).

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

1. The Kudoed Authors list doesn't show up correctly for me.  (Chrome browser)

SE-Community Update.PNG

2. I find myself looking for the link at the bottom of a thread that returns to the message list, but I am trainig myself to use the back button on my mouse.

3. More contrast between a read thread, and an unread thread would help.