Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Forum layout messed up

Legend
Legend
MLombard

Just not a huge fan of huge wasted gray/white space on web sites that have forced spacing/padding.

MLombard
Retired

@nanan00 wrote:
MLombard

Just not a huge fan of huge wasted gray/white space on web sites that have forced spacing/padding.

Well, I'll just say that you're not the first to mention it.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

MLombard
Retired

@jinglis wrote:

2. I find myself looking for the link at the bottom of a thread that returns to the message list, but I am trainig myself to use the back button on my mouse.

There is a link in the right hand column for Unread Posts and Comments. Or you can use (bookmark) this link:  http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/category-id/solid-edge/tab/mes...

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I was hoping they would of added a "read" button. there's some topics i don't want to read, sync stuff, i would be nice to un-highlight it with out going in to the thread

Phenom
Phenom

"3. More contrast between a read thread, and an unread thread would help. "

This is another fine example of a Design by someone who's only thing in life is this Layout.  My day is to busy to have to stare at a screen to hunt down where the unread messages are.

And Please don't tell me once you figure it out, it'll be easier. The largest responsibility for ANY Designer is to look at this from the end users point of view.... just because it's there, doesn't mean you've satisfied the design criteria. If the intention is to force people to look around, then you don't know your customer. Yes I wish I had the time to spend looking around, but if I did, I wouldn't have any need for this forum... get it!

I will NOT use this website effectively until it will allow me to only show "unread messages" easily. I do not have the time to spend looking at everything in search of new messages.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

@BobMileti

When i login to Solid Edge Forum. All the unread messages listed at the top down. Once i read a message its un-highlighted. Maybe i don't understand your post

Phenom
Phenom

Here's what I see using FireFox... nothing to indicate what's New or Old!

New Screen.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

2. I find myself looking for the link at the bottom of a thread that returns to the message list, but I am trainig myself to use the back button on my mouse.

That's how you get the more ROI back from your hardware! Smiley Tongue

3. More contrast between a read thread, and an unread thread would help.

Yes, more contrast is needed! A white background with light gray text and highlights is not a usable design- eventhough that tends to be the OTB color schemes these days. There is just not enough contrast. Here's a prime example3-28-2016 12-27-50 PM.png

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Call me an idiot but how do you browse to older messages?  The only messages displayed are ones that are no older than a few days old.  There does not appearto be any buttons nor options to display older messages.  I would have thought that to be important.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@chrisstandring wrote:

Call me an idiot but how do you browse to older messages?  The only messages displayed are ones that are no older than a few days old.  There does not appearto be any buttons nor options to display older messages.  I would have thought that to be important.

Hi @chrisstandring,

I can see the navigation for this.....Do you see this at your end?

2016-03-29 (0).png

I also use the "Quick Links" to quickly get back to the level I want....[or right click for a new browser tab]

2016-03-29 (1).png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000