Forum problems

Phenom
Phenom

Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with being regularly logged out of the forum, then having to click the sign-in button again ?

It's usually happening when I click to go back to the topic listing, but just now it happened when I was in the middle of posting a reply - the reply was lost.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.
13 REPLIES

Re: Forum problems

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In my opinion, if there is no response for a certain period of time
It looks like you're automatically signed out.
I think this time is very short.

Phenom
Phenom

@Hclee

I don't think that is the problem - I'm still signed in OK now and its 4 hours since I posted.

It happened just before that, as I was writing a reply to another topic.

To get back to the topic list I click on 'Solid Edge Forum' or Forums > Solid Edge Forum.

It would be nice if we had 'next topic', 'previous topic' & 'next unread topic' buttons.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

yes, I vistit daily if not multiple times and an constantly being logged out...

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Phenom
Phenom

@MattJohnson_PG

The strange thing for me is that I only have to click 'Sign In' - I dont have to enter my username/password.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

same here...

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have noticed that I get logged out but only have to click the sign-in button to get back in.

Another thing that has recently changed is that attached image files have a line through the name. See photo attachment. You used to be able to click the image file and it would bring up a view of it. Now you have to click the down arrow and select an action. I say "you" because I assume everyone sees this.

ForumImageAttachments.PNG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

MLombard
Retired

I don't know what's going on with the sign in, although I know mine has been acting funny in a different way.

But I do know about that strikethrough on the name of the attachment. This is something we are looking for feedback on, actually.

"They" whoever they are, implemented a new previewer for attachments. If an attachment cannot be previewed, it is shown with a strikethrough. I guess I have yet to see one that can be previewed. The strikethrough doesn't mean that the attachment is no longer attached, just that it can't be previewed. You can still download attachments that have strikethrough text.

Obviously, we need a better way to convey the "no preview" idea. Personally just not seeing a preview I think would do it. The strikethrough seems to send the wrong message.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Phenom
Phenom

I never knew there was a preview !

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am having exactly the same problem. It is random, sometimes I can remain logged in for hours and other times it is only seconds before I am logged out. I was thinking it was an internal problem and intended to have a word with our IT. A relief to know it is a general problem.

585 ST9 Win 7