Frame Alignment Problem in ST7

I am having trouble keeping a frame component aligned on an angled face.

The frame section is a simple channel section rubber edging to go around a circular cutout on the back of a sheet metal box.

I would have thought the frame would folow the srface correctly, but I had to create a co-ordinate system aligned with the surface and then set that in the frame options.

If I don't do that the frame aligns itself with the base co-ordinate system.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.
3 REPLIES

Re: Frame Alignment Problem in ST7

Hi,

Yes, you are right, but you can rotate it if edit section profile so you don't need for a new CS.

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

[ Edited ]

Yes I can measure the angle and rotate the cross section but then if the angle changes I have to manually correct it.

Are we saying that a frame cross section can only align itself correctly to orthogonal faces (ie planes parallel to X,Y and Z planes) ?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

Having another problem now.

I'm running a sealing strip around several edges but can't get the corners to mitre correctly.

No matter what settings I change I always get the same problem.

I've tried changing individual corners but nothing happens, even when set corner treatment to none.

The path is created from the outer edges of the flange, but I get the same result if I use the inner edges.

To get the corners to 'close' I have to set the corner option to extend, with a value of 0.

This gives an overlap, although in this caes that isn't a problem.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000