Frame Module Behavior Question

[ Edited ]

I use the frame module to create railings on occasion. I've was wondering if the described behavoir in the attached screenshot is expected or a bug.

This behavior affects parts list cut length reporting in an adverse way. Also with longer rails it makes drawing the sketch more time consuming.

NOTE:  "Single frame for co-linear segments" is not checked. This option in this scenario has no effect

Update#3

Removing the radius from the corners of the rail didn't fix the problem. Only 1 end of the horizontals pipes was coped. The other pipes still have the same problem.

Coping non mitered joints should work with a radius corner in a frame. I think it's a bug.

Beachcomber, thank you for the replies!

Craig

4 REPLIES

There is a setting to force separate frame members for co...

[ Edited ]

There is a setting to force separate frame members for co-linear elements.

On the Frame Properties form untick the checkbox for "Single frame for co-linear segments"

UPDATE (21st Nov)

Sorry I didn't read your post fully - you already have the box unchecked.

I just tried it and discovered that if you use a miterd corner setting it will create separate frame components.

You have the radius corner option set, and this is causing the problem.

Change it to mitred and it should work.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Re: There is a setting to force separate frame members for co...

That's the problem...... the box is unticked! That's why I posted the screenshot

That looks like a bug then. I would create an IR with GTAC or through your VAR then.
Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

See my updated post - it's the radius corner option causing the problem - change it to mitred.
HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.