Frame environment gets funky after a couple hours......

Legend
Legend

Anyone else been using frame environment in ST7/MP4 for a couple of hours, and find that things are acting weird?

First I noticed that I can't snap to other lines/objects very well. Then, if I try to open anything, I get an error that it isn't compatible, or something like that. I'll have to get a screen shot later today, don't remember the exact wording of the error. Once I restart Solid Edge, things are back to normal, for a couple hours.

Maybe I'm going crazy(er).............................

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.
4 REPLIES

Re: Frame environment gets funky after a couple hours......

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Yes, we're using frames more and more these days......not seeing any change in, or unusual behaviour though.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Legend
Legend

Hmmm, something is wrong, can only assume it must be my model/file is bad. I've deleted sketches, frames, taken it back to the beginning stages. Works for a while, then sketches dissappear, SE crashes when I try to close and open again.

I guess I'll delete all and start over with this assembly. Tried taking baby steps, but still acting funky......

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Legend
Legend

It's been confirmed that there is something wrong with PathExpres, and they are investigating.

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi

For me, sometimes the frames seems to lose the references from the sketches, and in the end the assembly containing the frame gets incomplete. Then I just edit the frame, deselecting one single line and selecting again to complete the rebuild. Another approach I've been trying is to sub divide the frames in smaller sub groups, keeping the structure more reliable and simple to avoid these occurrences.
---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8