Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh Install, a few issues

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I bought a refurbished Dell M4800 with 16 GB RAM, Nividia Quadro K1100 and i7 processor.  I just installed my copy of Solid Edge and it is AMAZING on it, however I hav noticed two small issues.  Some of my icons are fuzzy as shown in the video attached.  Also, when in sketch mode, Im not getting the little snap icons when near endpoints or midpoints and such.  any ideas.  other than that, SE is quick and nimble on this machine.

19 REPLIES 19

Betreff: Fresh Install, a few issues

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lifofadrafter

I believe to remember that the not showing of the snap symbols is a matter of the graphics card.

So if there is an onboard graphics installed too, take care that the M1100 is dedicated for Solid Edge only.

I in such cases also would check wether I have the latest graphics drvider installed.

Maintenance Packs of SE will be installed , I suppose?

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
@hawcadbok Ill have to figure out how to do that. I do recall seeing "HD Graphics" as well. So how do I dedicate the K1100 to SE?

I do have the latest MP for solid edge and the K1100 is updated too. Just need to figure out how to make it use that one

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
The other one is a HD Graphics 4600.

Hi @lifofadrafter

under the graphics settings You can define which application should use which graphics card.

And here I remember to define Solid Edge for the nVidia card only.

That helped me a couple of years ago with my notebook.

Before doing so, the performance nearly was at the bottom and afterwards it used the M2000 at its high.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Ok. I went into the Nvidia graphics settings and it is using the Nvidia card for Solid Edge. It was set to Auto select, but using that card. I tried a force select to ensure it was using it and it still didn't help ..beginning to think it's a SE issue

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Any other ideas?

@lifofadrafter  schrieb:
Ok. I went into the Nvidia graphics settings and it is using the Nvidia card for SolidWorks. It was set to Auto select, but using that card. I tried a force select to ensure it was using it and it still didn't help ..beginning to think it's a SE issue

Hi @lifofadrafter

only to confirm it:

Solid Edge or Solid Works?

These are two pairs of different shoes!

Maybe You have to select the Edge.exe manually, since as far as I could remember that app is not listed by default.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
My bad, meant to type Solid Edge. Sorry I use SW at work and didn't mean to type that.

The graphics card is set to the Nvidia for Solid edge

Re: Fresh Install, a few issues

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Nvidia fixed the missing Solid Edge keypoint indicators in May 2018 with Quadro driver R390 GA5.

Laura