GTAC download experience (updated)

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Back in September of 2014, I posted a thread titled GTAC download experience. I was trying to download ST7 and was having a heck of a time with their servers. It's fairly rare that I express dissatisfaction but I did so in the hopes that things would get better.

I'm very happy to report that the ST8 download went much better. Today I was able to download the full ST8 installer (3.5 GB) in 4 minutes and 30 seconds, from my browser, with zero issues. I had a peak download speed of 119 Mbps and averaged around 105 Mbps. Now that's the kind of user experience I expect in 2015. There aren't enough kudos on the Internet to express my satisfaction level. Good job goes out to the GTAC team for fixing this issue. I'm sure they would love to hear your experiences as well so leave a reply and let them know.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net
3 REPLIES

Re: GTAC download experience (updated)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jason,

I dream of connection speeds like that.... Robot tongue

My download went through, as normal, without a hitch,....but took a touch over 2 hours to squeeze the data through all the traps.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

I don't know exactly how much time it took to download, but it was fast, realy fast!

Thanks for that!

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

3 mins 20 sec, fantastic!

Frank

Edinburgh University