Gage tables for sheet metal

I want to minimize the time it takes for SE to open the gage tabel. I'm typically waiting about 20 seconds to open that window.

As I add more entries to the gage tabel, the time it takes to open and make a choice in the sheet metal gages goes up in propotion for each entry.

This is the reason to add more tabs. By moving gages to seporate tabs, this limits the increased time it take for the program to open the sheet metal gage choices. ---this is a guess, have others found this to be true?

Is the logic valid, or is there no differance if all the sheet gages are in a single table vs the sheet gages being spread out over multiple tabs?

Attached is my current gage table.

2 REPLIES

Re: Gage tables for sheet metal

I've been trying to find the time to work on our Gage properties since upgrading to ST7. Your shared information might help me, so thanks is in order.

I have been stumped as to why the new Gage pull down only seems to hold so many choices. Our current setup doesn't even seem to be saving when you add new gages to the list. I'll have to try finding the gage worksheet and replace with something similar to yours. Our Brake machines are all I'd need, we don't have a fancy Folder here Smiley Sad

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Re: Gage tables for sheet metal

I have found it best to use the fewest possible choices within the bend table because of the time it takes to edit the choice within the table.

They way I use it in general is each choice within the table specifies a bend R, thickness, and material.

Leaving K at 0.33 is much easier than the reducing K to 0.29 for bends past 165 Deg.

The bend radius is in charge when it comes to sheet metal design. Whatever bend R your machine wants to make is what gets programmed.

My nemesis within sheet metal is what I call the bend tables. To me, a bend table includes back gage and stick out. locating the part within the break or folding machine. My entire work-flow centers around creating that table. I accomplish this by dimensioning flat patterns, and adding T(thickness) and R(bend R) to some of those dimensions, then display them using annotation. Lot's of work.