Getting a keypoint curve segment to form tubes in XpresRoute

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Below i have attached some screen shots of the routes i am tring to create tubes for. Creating the tubes fails and i believe the problem is the radius of the curve segment vurses the od of the tube. If this is true how do i change these curves to make them hold a larger radius?

also i would like to know how other people handle tubes of the same length and p/n that may be used in different assemblies where the route is different. 

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Nathan M. Gardner

https://www.etsy.com/people/NathanMGardner

Be sure to check out my work!!
Made in Maine Wood Carvings

5 REPLIES

Re: Getting a keypoint curve segment to form tubes in XpresRoute

Just as an FYI this is a challenge for many and at SEU16 "Flexable Hoses" was one fo the most discussed and requested ERs for SE Assembly in the Round Table.

There are other folks inthe group that have more experiacne in this regard,  lets hope they chime...

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Re: Getting a keypoint curve segment to form tubes in XpresRoute

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
You can use express route to draw a path made of straight line segments, and then attach your curve to the ends or mid points of the line segments. This allows you some control over curve routing. Then use the curve to create the 'tube.'

Jason

Betreff: Getting a keypoint curve segment to form tubes in XpresRoute

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @ngardner

I'm absouteley confident that You have Your reasons for using curves here.

But maybe it will also solve Your problem if using a straight line "sketch" with defined bend radii to get Your tubes.

If I look onto the picture I see the main part of tube curves nearly linear with very equaliy bend radii.

Using straight lines with parameter for radius can do nearly the same but makes it a lot easier.

Consider it wether it will be convenient to You.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

If you could project the sketches to 2D planes, then make the curves controlled by the 2D planes, then you could have controls over the radius from the 2D perspective.

Phenom
Phenom

or using a 3D sketch or as mentioned the line sketch in piping modul

regards
Wolfgang