Getting a report of mass, density, weight for all files in a directory/

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Our company would like to massively obtain the Solid Edge weights from all of our psm, par, & asm files and I was wondering if someone has run across a report or would be willing to write some code that could go in and get the PN (document #) and the weight, and save it as an Excel or even txt file.

I know I can produce a report from the assembly environment and I can have the mass show up in the report, but I need to grab this information from every 3D file.

5 REPLIES

Re: Getting a report of mass, density, weight for all files in a directory/

Consider also posting your request to the Solid Edge Developers Forums.. as this is where most of the Coders hang out...  Someone may have something or be willing to assist...

When posting there..  be sure to explain that you are not a coder but was hoping someone might already have created somethign similar or might be willing to write you some quick and dirty code.

I dont have time currently or I would assit.

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Developer-Forum/bd-p/SEDeveloperForum

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Good point. I have posted the question on the developers section too.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

We have done this as an little training project. But I don't know if it is ready to send it out!

See example and give me a feedback if this goes in the right direction!

Stefan

smitsch@unitec.de
www.all4edge.de

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That looks like it gives a lot of infomation, more than we need, but it might be usable.  Do you have to run that for every folder, or will it do subfolders automatically?

At a bear minimum I think I could get away with filepath, revision, title, density, and mass.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Even if you do a macro to collect all the weight information, the problem you will run into is that unless every file and been through the process of inspecting the physical properties, the report will show 0 mass.

The macro will need to include updating the mass before you report it.