Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting drawing view borders inline.

Legend
Legend

Good day,

Qeustion:

Is there a option to easily get the drawing view borders inline with each other?

Now we draw a line and move the point to the line and in snaps on it and remove line later agian, but this can be done easier I hope Man Very Happy. This snap hasn't been in SE for long now I think it has been added in ST6 or ST8.

Picture just as information, drawn as a reference.

Drawing view border.PNG

Sander
The Netherlands
12 REPLIES

Re: Getting drawing view borders inline.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

RMB the drawing view and select Create Alignment

then from the command bar you can align the center of the view or based on geometry keypoint.

HTH

10-4-2017 7-53-33 AM.png10-4-2017 7-53-46 AM.png

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Legend
Legend

Hello @Johnson_BigMatt,

Thank you for the response but you didn't understand my qeustion. Getting view alignment is not what i meant, the thing is when you put the border on we want to align those to get an more profesional view.

Sander
The Netherlands

Legend
Legend
I wish you could use constraints between views, it would make our life easier for setting up drawing templates if the **bleep** objects would stay put when they change size from one job to the next. Same goes for break lines, I wish I could constrain them with driving dimensions so the view is always the same length regardless of the length of the actual object.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

If you are talking about the background for the title block.

I get things located by adding a circle to the title block, then edit the circle to 0,0

Then you have a starting point to work from.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Seems like in this case you could leave DV borders off and draw a box around one view, maybe make it a block or group, and copy it from/to a common origin point.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Legend
Legend

@bshand

I understand were you going for, it's not really nice because the updates and names are all controlled by our own program.

Drawing view voorbeeld.PNG

Sometimes i wished I had my own personal Siemens programmer available Man Tongue, sometimes our support company thinks we go to far anyway with controlling SE.

Sander
The Netherlands

I will say that in all my years of experience I've never encountered anyone who had this requirement. But that's just me.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand Same here. 

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Hi @Sander-NL

the only answer I can give is, taht with ST10 You will be able to snap view borders to lines.

And due to there is a new option in ST10 You also can snap to geometry on the background sheet.

Just did it here 30 seconds ago!

Edit:

and to clarify

You also can create horiconatl/vertical alignments (but not permanent) to any points on the background sheet.

So if You have an oriantation marker somewhere on the side border, You can use that for horiconatl alignment of views.

And to be exactly, You cann ot move the view to those orientation amrkers but You can resize those views to them

Edit 2:

and You also can put those background lines (grids) to a specific layer, which will be set to hidden after view aligning

regards
Wolfgang