Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the Web Key Account Request to function on a second computer for Training support while in ST5 on a Primary PS running Win 7

N/A

I have a Student Version of ST5 Up and Running on a PC. I can access both the SE program AND the associated, ST5 tutorials (Which apparently come through access to a WebKey account previously activated using my LOG IN ID wallace.l.johnston@gmail.com and the PW which I changed from the "Y5LDC" initial login.)

Everything works over there - Both the operational ST5 AND the tutorials run flawlessly without a Notice to enter my WebKey "Sold To Name or PW."

I wish to open the WebKey Tutorials on a second Computer (an iMAC) so I can run the actual ST5 software on the PC while displaying the Tutorials on the large, iMAC screen nearby. In that set up, I can view/stop/rewind the videos and follow along on the PC to replicate the drawings.

Monkey See, Monkey Do!

HOWEVER, when I attempt to open the tutorials on the iMAC -where the ST5 software IS NOT Operational- I am prompted to Request a WebKey Account??

When I enter my Access Key (My E-Mail address - the same one I am using to log into this FORUM - my information and PW are rejected??

I must be missing something.

1. How do I retrieve my "SOLD TO" and WebKey PW if they are different from the ones which work on the PC??

Wallace.l.johnston@gmail.com

1 REPLY

Re: Getting the Web Key Account Request to function on a second computer for Training support while in ST5 on a Primary PS running Win 7

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
If you are going to the following site, I do not believe that it require webkey access. Is your iMAC running Internet Explorer, as it may be required to be able to view the training?
http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/training/se/en/SESPT.cfm

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019