Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal seek hole depth

Experimenter
Experimenter

I try to balance a flywheel in assembly to compensate excentricity. Hence I placed a hole with a given diameter and depth. With goal seek function I would like to modify these parameters, to influence the center of mass, but I recognised that in assembly view the goal seek can modify only the diameter. Is it possible to modify the depth as well with this function? (Solid Edge ST6)

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Goal seek hole depth

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @yoman

so is it correct to understand the hole as an assembly feature rather than a hole in the part itself?

Or what do You mean with "... assembly view ..."?

Can You provide a picture from the situation?

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @yoman

I also can see the depth as an input variable for goal seek witihn an assembly

regards
Wolfgang

but it seems as if the Goal seek with assmebly feature parameters will not find any solution, even it is a small change only

Seems to find no convergence

But this is true for ST10 - MP01

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @hawcad

Yes, you are right, it is an assembly feature. I will take a snapshot asap (maybe in the evening) to show what I mean, and I will explain better what I want to achieve.

Thanks your reply,
Tamas

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @havcad!

I attach a picture of my project. There is a neodymium magnet in the aluminium flywheel. Compensating the excentricity I want to place a hole under the magnet with a given diameter. I want the goal seek function to calculate the depth of the hole (aim is both CoMZ and CoMY to be 0). I use the hole function to Create Assembly features. The problem is that optimizing can be done only for the diameter, not for depth. Am I doing something wrong? 
Capture.PNG