Google Sheets

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can I embed google sheets into a Solid Edge draft?

8 REPLIES

Betreff: Google Sheets

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @mezcofab

sorry for this question from an old "dino".

But what is a "Google Sheet"?

This is essenstial to know for answering the question "How do ...?"

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Google Sheets is Google's spreadsheet program.

No, you cannot embed the Google Sheets data as a table into Solid Edge.  You can only do this with Microsoft Excel.

You could theoretically save the Google Sheets file to disk and then embed the file into Solid Edge but I suspect that is not what you are looking for..  

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

thanks You very much for let me learn "my today's new"

So this day became a good day.

Now I know exactly what the original question was, but I wasn't samrt enough to knwo that this is named Google Sheets

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I created a time collection spread sheet and I wanted to embed it in my draft for quick access. If I export it to an excel format it takes out the script I created in google sheets.

Thank you for the answer.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was able to connect a hyperlink to an entity to direct me to the google sheet.

Attached is screenshots and sample.TEST DRAFT.pngPUNCH CLOCK.png

Genius
Genius
+1 for a Google sheets user. I avoid Excel....
Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

mezcofab wrote:

I was able to connect a hyperlink to an entity to direct me to the google sheet.

I had the same idea of linking to a online sheet, but then your question said 'embed' which would not be the same.

Phenom
Phenom

If one of the reasons you're asking is because you don't have or want to pay for MS Office, another option is to sync the spreadsheet to the cloud with OneDrive or Dropbox and use the (free) MS office online tools which is built into both those services to edit it in a browser.  

The end result is that you're using a MS Excel sheet which suits SE, without having to have the applcaition installed locally.

Obviously if you're stuck with google sheets for whatever reason, that's another story.