GrabCAD Addin: where is it?

Creator
Creator

As I read through the GrabCAD integration on SE online help, I find out that there is a GrabCAD integration AddIn we can download from the Scratch area on GTAC. But in order to download a file from the Scratch area, I must enter the exact filename to download. And that exact filename isn't specified anywhere!

There is no point in making an interesting addin like this available if then nobody knows how to install it! Please, create a new addin area in GTAC so we can browse through the available addins and install them as needed. We have great products but we seem to make it dificult to people to find them! Smiley Happy

9 REPLIES

Re: GrabCAD Addin: where is it?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The GTAC Scratch area is a *temporary* file area with content periodically deleted, so you should not find the files you are looking for under Scratch.

Instead try looking in the Solid Edge product download area:

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST6/SEGrabCAD/

Phenom
Phenom

The Solid Edge help should probably be changed, then:

Capture.PNG

Also, any reason the GrabCAD addin is only available under the ST6 folder? Is this functionality now defunct for ST7?

I would have to agree with Carlos. I do not use the download page every day and I find it very difficult to even access the right area.  

-Dylan Gondyke

Creator
Creator

As Dylan said, in the help file, it's written that we should go to the Scratch area and download it from there. But the filename is not specified anywhere,

Siemens Phenom

And the help document is incorrect.  GTAC Scratch is *not* for permanent file storage.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Well, this question continues in ST8. Could someone tell me where is the GRABCAD addin for ST8?

Phenom
Phenom

I think the GrabCAD addin in the ST6 folder is still the only available file, and should work on ST6-ST8. Has Solid Edge help STILL not been fixed??

-Dylan Gondyke

Siemens Phenom

I have just submitted a PR for our help documentation to be updated to reflect the correct download location.  Sorry about that Smiley Embarassed

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter
I know this was posted a while ago, but the answer (if anyone is still looking) is that the Grabcad Plugin for Solid Edge is available from the GTAC downloads site (https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/ -use your Webkey account to sign in). It is under Solid Edge, Product Updates, Grabcad and there is both a 64bit addin and a normal (32bit) one as well. Obviously use the 64bit addin for the current version of Solid Edge as there is not a 32bit version any more!

Phenom
Phenom

And after downloading the setup, better rename it quickly to include the name GrabCAD for it is carelessly named just Setup_64.exe