Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GrabCAD Workbench Addin

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

There was an addin that we could download from the Siemens PLM Download Server for ST6 that would allow us while in Solid Edge to directly interact (eg upload models) with GrabCAD and, I think, GrabCAD Workbench.

However it is not listed for ST7 or ST8 and the GrabCAD website doesn't mention it (although it does for Works, Inventor and Creo).

Does anyone know what happened to this?

Edinburgh University
9 REPLIES

Re: GrabCAD Workbench Addin

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

On the GTAC download server go into Solid Edge -> Product updates -> GrabCAD

2016-07-04 14_46_34-Siemens PLM Download Server.png

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
Thanks Dave!
Edinburgh University

Experimenter
Experimenter
I'm re-entering in this old discussion to ask if is there somebody here that had tried to use this add-in for Solid Edge.
I have downloaded and installed the setup.exe file, due to the fact that the msi installer seems to be corrupted, but the does not work: it waits forever while trying to upload the model (solid edge ST9).

My scope is to be able to show to my customer the advance of the project without the need to make a pack and go every time he asks for it. I'm looking for experiences of SE users on this.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Ale_Marchetti,

If your client doesn't need to physically interrogate the model dimensionally.....is there any reason you couldn't just send them "SEV" [Solid Edge Viewer] format files directly? It will save both 2D & 3D [incl, any PMI dims] files.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP1] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Your comment is correct. Btw, my final "destination" was to build an infrastructure where my customer can see the current state of the design without the need to:

1) sending to him any file, so he can check the situation at any time without interacte with me

2) having SE installed on his computer

It seems that Grabcad could be a good solution for both 1) and 2), but I have one more concern: Grabcad offers unlimited space and unlimited features for free, where Dropbox and Google ask for around 100 euros per year per 1TB of data. Where is the business of grabcad? May be I'm a little bit paranoic but I can't avoid to see something strange in this behaviour.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sounds like an ideal candidate for the Solid Edge portal:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/products/solid-edge/portal/index.shtml

Solid Edge ST10 MP10 - Windows 10 - K2000

Siemens Phenom

Or you could request to sign up for the beta trial of the Solid Edge Portal for Cloud-based Project Collaboration:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/products/solid-edge/portal/index.shtml

Siemens Phenom

@DaveG beat me to the portal response by a whole 25 seconds 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Battle of the Daves Smiley Happy

Not sure if it will work with ST9 though?

Solid Edge ST10 MP10 - Windows 10 - K2000