Grabcad Workbench not showing frame elements.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is anyone using Grabcad Workbench?

I'd read about the Grabcad integration some time ago but couldn't find any information about where to download the add-in.  Today, whilst downloading the latest MP, to my surprise noticed the Grabcad add-in.

"Great!" I thought, and duely loaded up my latest model.  

To my surprise though, when the model loaded, half of it was missing!!!  Anything that was modelled using the frame tool didn't appear.

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong or this another massive let down (the other is Bunkspeed which does exactly the same thing!).

Many thanks

Roger

4 REPLIES

Re: Grabcad Workbench not showing frame elements.

Phenom
Phenom

It seams like the frames stuff uses a bit more video power. Thoes items tend to get rendered last. My guess is you are haveing a display issue only.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I hope the problem is just a display issue and can be resolved as the Grabcad integration is pretty slick.
I've talked with Grabcad today and now need to log the issue so they can take a look.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've logged the issue with Grabcad - let's see what they come back with.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Grabcad have just gotten back to me after just over 2 weeks to confirm that the Solid Edge integration does NOT support models created in the Solid Edge frame enviromnment.

This is really quite disappointing news.

I'm not holding my breath for this to be fixed but if it is I'll report back on this thread.