Group operations in a tree

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey.  Just wondering if I can add to previous operations without adding another process in the tree.  For example, I added a filletted corner before and now I want to add 3 more to it without creating another tree item.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: Group operations in a tree

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Depends if you are using Ordered or Synchronous. Which one are you using?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Pioneer
Pioneer

Synchronous.

Community Manager

so then, no, there is not really way to "go back". You can however, drag them in the tree to be adjacent with no effect on the outcome as far as the solid shape goes.

Dan Staples

Phenom
Phenom

From a "Best Practice" standpoint:

Is there a best practice document or web page that explains when Ordered is best used over ST?

Community Manager

Not sure. Here are my Cliff's notes:

1. If you are doing straight-brake sheet metal or machined parts, I would do Synchronous straight up.

2. If you are doing plastic/cast parts, I would do the principal design in Synchronous and then do the draft/fillet treatments in Ordered (hybrid tree). You can also use this approach with straight-brake parts that have a cut that wraps a bend, say.

3. If you are doing surfacing, I would do the main sketches in Synchronous, where you can take big advantage of the lack of order, and do the surfaces themselves in Ordered.

Happy to advise on your particular situation, but that is the broad brush strokes...

DS

Dan Staples