Guitar Neck

Genius
Genius

I played around with trying to make a standard guitar neck. The fret board and neck would be seperate parts and there will be a channel in the center for a truss rod. But I'm just trying to get a shape going and trying to practice. The whole point of this is to eventually run this on a CNC. I'm trying to get a smoother and better transitioned piece than the one attached. Solidworks has some better surfacing tools but I want to make it in SE, hope some of you surfacing gurus could help me out!

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES

Re: Guitar Neck

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Solid Edge should be able to do whatever you want.  If you want some help here I'm sure a lot of folks will pitch in, but you didn't show/explain what you want, so some sample pics or a really through explanation of what that is would help greatly...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Don't forget about the training material here

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

MLombard
Retired

I'm somewhat familiar with the Works surfacing tools. Which ones in particular do you find yourself wanting?

In looking at your part, your first 29 or so features could be replaced with a solid sweep or loft and a cut. You did a lot of surfacing and made it look complicated when it should be easy. I mean, it's good practice to make sure you can do surfacing, but in this case I think it was unnecessary.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.