HELP! How to create assembly geometry?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, I've been trying to assemble something I considered quite simple, but apparently Solid Edge isn't having it. 

I have a frame, constructed of a 3D Sketch and a lofted profile. I am trying to create a cylindrical mate between the two components shown below. The purple colored area is where i'm trying to create the mate. The purple area is straight and should be cylindrical. Is there a way to create an axis to reference the cylindrical mate? 

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity, and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because philosophy is an exalted activity, will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy. Neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -- John W. Gardner
2 REPLIES

Re: HELP! How to create assembly geometry?

Legend
Legend

I've ran into this too. Only it was on swept protrusions, even though the profile was a circle and the section was straight, it wouldn't treat it as a cylinder.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Re: HELP! How to create assembly geometry?

Pioneer
Pioneer

So, I kept trying stuff, and figured it out. 

In the assembly dialog bar, select Assemble - Options, select Linear Edges. I can now select that sketch I create to act as an axis for the cylinder.Capture1.PNG

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity, and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because philosophy is an exalted activity, will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy. Neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -- John W. Gardner