Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Solid Edge ST10 (student version) CRASHES IN WINDOWS 10 (Even in compatibility mode)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, I'm Adrian, from Spain, and I have a problem since 2 days ago.

I have installed Solid Edge ST10 (Students version) and it worked well till 2 days ago. Now, each time I open it, when I try to open any document or to create a new one, Solid Edge crashes with an error message.

I haven't do any change on my software or hardware configuration from the day the program was working well.

I've tried with the compatibility mode changing it to Windows 8, 7, Vista, Vista Service Pack 1 and Vista Service Pack 2, and the problem is still there.

I attach the error txt. document

My Computer properties are the following:

Processor: Inte Core i7 4510U CPU @ 2.00 GHz 2.60 GHz

Windows 10 x64 (1607)

Ram: 16 GB

Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 840M

PS: I've managed to open the program without crashing 2 or 3 times, but then it goes so slowly with a lot of lag (It's impossible to do anything)

Even I've tried to reinstall the program and restore windows without any success.

Thanks in advance and sorry about my poor english.

15 REPLIES

Re: [HELP] Solid Edge ST10 (student version) CRASHES IN WINDOWS 10 (Even in compatibility mode)

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator
first try to reset your SE setting in windows egistry :
delete the key under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 110

Re: [HELP] Solid Edge ST10 (student version) CRASHES IN WINDOWS 10 (Even in compatibility mode)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I've been slow to understand your answer.

Do you mean that I have to delete this? (Screen Capture attached)

I can't find the specific route you have written 

Sorry about my ineptitude.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

no,type REGEDIT in Command prompt,

navigate to the key indicated, delete all 

Betreff: [HELP] Solid Edge ST10 (student version) CRASHES IN WINDOWS 10 (Even in compatibility mode)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RomellBroom

besides the hint of @tech-value to clean (delete) Your Current User Registry entry of Solid Edge - and always take care when modifying the regsitry - try to get a current Maintenance Pack (3) of Solid Edge ST10.

Any University with a Campus license of SE should also have access to the monthly maintenance packs.

Maybe this also is something what should be considered by Siemens responsibles ( @uk_dave) that to only provide an initial Student Version of Solid Edge is not enough.

If I want them to proper work with my software, man also must support appropriate service packs.

And Yes, I'm aware about the problems coming with that, but nevertheless ...

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ok, I've done what you say (screen capture) but it still is crashing (another capture) Smiley Sad

should I try to reinstall again?

Thank you for your attention

Betreff: [HELP] Solid Edge ST10 (student version) CRASHES IN WINDOWS 10 (Even in compatibility mode)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@hawcad philosophical debates aside about whether or not Siemens should provide maintenance packs for free versions of Solid Edge, we are well aware of this crash issue with base ST10 Student Edition.  We have a plan in place to repackage the free edition with MP3 installed to avoid this condition going forward.  This then resolves the current issue.  However, this repackage has not been released yet.  In the meantime I have been attempting to address each individual's needs privately as they are posted.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your response @hawcad , that's another solution I've been looking for, but I haven't found the maintenance pack, so I have to request it in my University? 

I have class this afternoon, so I'll go to IT departament and I'll try to get what you say, because Solid Edge is so important for me, the half of my projects are based in it Smiley Sad

Thanks again

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@RomellBroom please check your PMs.

Thank you and regards,

-Dave 

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

I was absoluteley confident, that You will provide a solution for them.

See it as an investment to the future:

"The students of today will be the users of tomorrow!"

regards
Wolfgang