Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! error: cannot access document profiles from cache

Experimenter
Experimenter

Running into some troublesome errors when trying to open and work with Insight managed SE files on our sharepoint server. Using Solid Edge ST6. Recieving the following errors

Cannot access the document profiles from the cache.  Delete all items from the cache or contact your administrator for assistance. Error

Cannot access the profile information from the library.  See your administrator for assistance. Error

Any help would be much appreciated!

5 REPLIES

Re: HELP!! error: cannot access document profiles from cache

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Did it ever work? Were there any system or software changes recently?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Experimenter
Experimenter

It was working fine until a couple days ago. There were no system or software changes at that time. However, I was having problems with Revision Manager which ultimately lead to this issue I believe. Out of the blue I was unable to copy documents in rev manager. I would recieve the following error when trying to open newly copied files

A transaction is currently being processed on this file. You cannot perform a new transaction on the same file until the first one is completed. Error

I could not get this error to go away on my own so I did quick search. I read that I should try and delete the transaction log file, which I did. Ever since then I've been experiencing my current problem as well as the original rev manager issue. Unfortunately I do not have support or any adminstrator assistance.  

Sounds sort of like a duplicate file problem but who knows. You've cleared your cache I assume?

You could try deleting: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Insight

and

If you're comfortable using the registry editor you could try deleting the following entry (export it first if concerned):

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version X

(X being your version)

Bruce Shand

Experimenter
Experimenter

Update: I restored a previous version of 

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Insight

and my Revision Manager and Solid Edge are working with managed files now. Thanks for your suggestions and help

Good. If you had deleted that folder it probably would have worked. It gets rebuilt when you run SE.

Same with that registry entry. Although you'd have to reset some things in SE.

Bruce Shand