HOW TO MAKE ROPE MECHANISM IN SOLID EDGE???? CAN ANYBODY HELP ME??/

Pioneer
Pioneer

8 REPLIES

Re: HOW TO MAKE ROPE MECHANISM IN SOLID EDGE???? CAN ANYBODY HELP ME??/

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom
Hello,

What type of assembly are you trying to make? Is it a lanyard, block and tackle or some other type?

Kyle
Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi kyle..

i have to lift/rotate a box type structure through rope pulley mechanism...hope u understand....basically pulley is inside the box and through rope i  have to lift the box. Is solid edge has some tools to make rope pulley mechanisms.

sumit

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

Your best option is to draw a sketch of the rope and pulley layout in the assembly.  You can use something as simple as circles and lines to locate the components.  From there, model the pulleys and then model the rope.  To model the rope, use the sketch to establish a path for the rope.  Create a cross section of the rope and then use the path to create a swept protrusion.

Are you also trying to dynamically show the box being lifted?

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Pioneer
Pioneer

HELLO,

Ok fine, but how i give motion to them through motor.

can u explain me in brief.. and tell some tools using to give motion.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

To give motion to objects, Solid Edge has Motors that can be assigned to drive them.  Please see the following Help link that has several resources that describes them in detail.

http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/training/se/106/en_US/index.html#searchSmiley Tongueage=1;...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Pioneer
Pioneer

hi,

the link you posted doesn't open...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there, the link seems to work here. (even using my phone)

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

I don't know how you would model the rope, but there is a way that you could animate the pulley raising the block. The pulley and block would both need to be parts with the appropriate degrees of freedom - rotation around the pulley axis and translation along the path the block is going to move. You would then create a gear relationship between the pulley and the box using the Rotation-Linear gear type. The first part and face you would select when creating the relationship would be the pulling that will rotate and the axis around which it rotates. The second part and face (edge really) would be the box and the edge reflecting the direction of the path the box needs to translate. Once the gear relationship has been created, you can then create the rotational motor or the pulley using the same axis used to define the gear. This should then translate the box as the pulley rotates.

Hope this helps,

Greg