HOW TO SORT (A-Z) THE PATH FINDER IN SOLID EDGE

I Want to alphabetically sort (A-Z) the path finder in solid edge Assembly for easily finding the parts used in assembly. Someone please assist me how to do it.

13 REPLIES

Betreff: HOW TO SORT (A-Z) THE PATH FINDER IN SOLID EDGE

Hi @RAHUL__SHAKYA

IMHO there is no way to sort the path finder entries by any algorithm.

You can do it manually but this might be a major task for larger assemblies.

Instead of sorting the pathfinder, which more or less gives a BOM structure for Your assembly, You can use the "Select Tools" and "Search" function in assembly mode.

Look for trhe pathfiner tab with a question mark, and use the query or fast query for searching Your components.

20170327_0902.PNG

Another way to see all the parts is to use the "Property Manager" but this only lists the parts rather then giving You the capability to show them in the model.

regards
Wolfgang

Due to misarrangement of component name in the assembly  path finder , when im making the part list (BOM) in draft document then component names are showing (not arranged alphabetically) as they are in assembly.

Hello Rahul:

If you need sorting in the BoM in Draft, right-click the PartList and select properties.

In the dialog box, take the Sorting tab at the top and use the sorting criteria:

PLSort.png

Hope this solves the problem.

~Tushar

Hi @RAHUL__SHAKYA

as @Tushar mentioned the sort mechanism in draft is a matter of the BOM properties itself and not of how You have done the ASM.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: HOW TO SORT (A-Z) THE PATH FINDER IN SOLID EDGE

I'm on ST9 MP4, some of my files have not been sorting as they should based on material. Have others seen this problem?

Hi @12GAGE

are You talking about a BOM in draft?

regards
Wolfgang

yes

I have been sorting the same way for 3 years. Once in a while one or two parts will not sort correctly.

My sequence is:

Material -Decending

Cut 1 -Decending (Cut1 = any of the following, Flat pattern cut X, Frame cut length, L-manual cut length)

Part -Ascending

Hi @12GAGE

do You hav e any picture from the BOM?

Maybe this can give us the necessary hint to find the reason

regards
Wolfgang

Absolutely you are right, but either I sort them by alphabetically or by
item number. I want both