Handheld 3D Scanner

Good evening. I have a handheld 3D scanner, but never worked with him . Someone can help me? Needed to know how best to make the scanner and then how can I rectify or correct , as always are a few irregularities.

8 REPLIES

Re: Handheld 3D Scanner

Interesting, hadn't heard about this before. Can you tell us more, manufacturer, model, software?

SImilar topic: we have a portable scanner that measures surfaces by points, connecting a pen and wire to the main device. When we were looking at this scanner, I couldn't believe we weren't at a point in technology that you couldn't just have a simple hand-held scanner.

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

http://malyansys.com/en/

I liked to help me work with this scanner and then to treat the image when converted into 3D object.

@Pakito You need software... The handheld scanner should come with something to collect the scans and map them together and produce a scan mesh.  Further software may be needed to convert to a nurbs model for CAD.

@BoatTech  These have been around for a few years.  Do a google search for hand held 3d scanners.  There are a bunch out there and some are better than others in capability but the big thing is the software.  I believe we had the following in to do a demo for metrology based stuff but did not buy as it was overkill for what we wanted:  http://www.creaform3d.com/en/metrology-solutions/portable-3d-scanner-handyscan-3d

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

The problem is that these scanners cost about € 30,000.00 (32.626,8 USD).

I use Skanect software.

There actually are other scanners that cost a lot less with same characteristics or even better

For example, you can go to this website and learn more about Artec handheld 3D scanners. There are tips on working with them as well. Hope it will work out!

Yeap, you need a software. Something like Artec studio for example.