Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harness problems - saving the assembly deletes wires

Experimenter
Experimenter

Now that we can create splices, we're trying to create our harnesses.  We've run into a huge problem, and it happens over and over and over.  We can get the harness completely modeled (25 wires or so, a few splices, and several bundles), but when the file is saved, it deletes some random number of wires, leaving broken and empty bundles behind.  There's no undo, and no way to reopen the file because it happens only after the assembly is saved.  Very frustrating.

3 REPLIES

Re: Harness problems - saving the assembly deletes wires

Phenom
Phenom

In this case, I would definitely get hold of your technical support (VAR) to help determine if this is a bug and get it reported as soon as possible. I've used Harness design in the past and it is fairly stable for the most part.

Experimenter
Experimenter

We reported it as an issue to support, but since have been able to save without the deletion.

Still not sure what was happening, but I have moved the location of the splices and have been able to save the assembly without incident.  Unfortunatly, I did not save the assembly in a state where the issue was persistent.  Should it arise in the future, I will definitely share it with them.

Phenom
Phenom
Any chance you had multiple splices close to each other? If so, maybe the distance between the splice knot points was shorter than minimum bend allowance? This would create a segment too short. Just throwing out ideas.