Harness still not useable in ST7

Pioneer
Pioneer

There are two issues that completely prevent us from using the harness module - first, there is no way to make a splice.  We can almost do them with blue-dots, but they don't play will with cables and bundles.

Which brings up the bigger issue - bundles don't at all work like they would if someone were actually wiring an assembly and then creating bundles.  For one thing, the limitation that a wire can only be a member of one bundle is an unreasonable limitation.  When we create wire harnesses, we may have 10-12 wires that originate in one area, with 2 or 3 of them running the entire length of the harness, but with others breaking out in multiple branched areas.  A bundle needs to be something that merely collects multiple wires into one routed path.  And one wire may absolutely be a member in more than one bundle.  I've been waiting for a useful harness setup since ST5, and am still waiting.

4 REPLIES

Re: Harness still not useable in ST7

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

AviatorDave,

I'd be glad to discuss this with you and better understand some of your requirements.  Please email me directly at ronald.conerly@siemens.com.

Thanks

Ronnie Conerly

Product Planning

Thanks
Ronnie Conerly
Product Manager, Solid Edge

Experimenter
Experimenter
Ronne, it would be good to share the answer to me also. I have the same challenge & using ST6.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
Harness Savvy,
I am getting putting together some documents on harness but they aren't ready yet. Will let you know when they are ready. Thanks
Thanks
Ronnie Conerly
Product Manager, Solid Edge

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks for your reply. I am doing a project for my customer. if you share
the document ASAP, it will be great for me.

--
With warm Regards

Vijayan C

"One today is worth two tomorrows."