Help with a loft

Hi,

I'm trying to connect these two cylinders with an elliptical rod.  I started with the smaller cylinder and sketched an ellipse on the right plane (yz).  I created a plane coincident with yz and placed it at the center of the larger cylinder and sketched a longer ellipse on it.  I used the Loft tool to make the connection.  Since the plane are at the centers of the cylinder, the loft extnded into the cylinder.  The larger cylinder was easy.  I clicked on the loft face and used the arrow to move it to the edge of the hole in the cylinder.  I couldn't do the same thing with the smaller cylinder.

I don't know much about Live Rules so I disabled them, but it still wouldn't work.

6 REPLIES

Re: Help with a loft

Hi there,

Why not just add the end holes in afterwards?  [for where you're at now, I'd just delete the holes & replace them]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Betreff: Help with a loft

Hi,

and what's with selecting those 3 surfaces from the right and try to delete them?

Will this work?

regards

Wolfgang 

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Help with a loft

@SeanCresswell

I thought about that, but this is just an exercise and my goal is learn how to make changes in synchronous mode.  I just can't figure out why I can do it to one side, but not the other.

@hawcad

Are you talking about deleting the part that protrudes into the hole?  I don't think that's possible since it's part of the rod.

Hi,

no, I don't think so.

Since synchronous has no history, so there is no rod at thst moment.

More I think, that there are more surfaces than the one front plane.

And You must select all of them.

regards Wolfgang 

regards
Wolfgang

Hi,

no, I don't think so.

Since synchronous has no history, so there is no rod at thst moment.

More I think, that there are more surfaces than the one front plane.

And You must select all of them.

regards Wolfgang 

regards
Wolfgang