Here's one i just love...

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Automatic coordinate dimensioning

There's a problem when placing Automatic coordinate dimensioning and you dont have the correct dim style picked. it mainly does it with horizontal dimension. My vid will show better

(view in My Videos)

5 REPLIES

Re: Here's one i just love...

have you submitted this thru your VAR or GTAC.

issues like this which are repeatable and can be captured are easy ones to identify and get fixed.  please assure you submit this thru the proper channen; your VAR or GTAC direct

Phenom
Phenom

I hate this new Auto Coordinate command... not for what it does (or doesn't do) but for how much it ruined the existing Menu scheme.

Below you can see, I've had to ADD an additional Coordinate Command on the Dimension Menu.... since Development burried it into the the Pull Down Menu.

Automatic Coord.png

The problem with this AUTO method is that it doesn't work most of the time. You still need to go back most times and make changes which tend to be more tedious then the old way.

I'm sure this worked well in the Lab but in t he wild to me it just doesn't work well enough.

Bob's  $.02

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Bob,

They buried that and in the Draw section they also buried "extend to next", the flipside of "trim", under "split" for some reason.

Bruce

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

Agree with Bob and Bruce.

Also, high time the menus change behavior.

The last used command from a pulldown should remain current or atleast a switch for this under Options.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Tushar wrote:

Agree with Bob and Bruce.

Also, high time the menus change behavior.

The last used command from a pulldown should remain current or atleast a switch for this under Options.

So much YES, for this......for many years!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10