Hide Itens inside Part Lists automatically as the relative drawing view show/hide set

Hello guys

I'm looking for an automatic solution for this ...

1) created an un-matched view (hiding some itens of an assembly, inside 'view properties/display')

2) on its Part List, keep same visible/invisible itens accordingly the view

Or the only automatic possible way is making a configuration inside assembly, and keep that matched with the drawing view, and linked with its Part List ?

BR

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8
4 REPLIES

Re: Hide Itens inside Part Lists automatically as the relative drawing view show/hide set

If I understand your question this sounds like an interesting idea. But why not just use configurations for this? On the other hand maybe a "make configuration from" command which uses the display conditions you specified in the display properties would be a nice enhancement.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: Hide Itens inside Part Lists automatically as the relative drawing view show/hide set

Sometimes I just update some drawings with aditional info (tables and views), based on assemblies the way they're done, without change them too much, and would like to extract data only from their draft files. I imagine this could save some time.

But yeah, the 'configurations' approach still is a safer way to keep everything linked.

Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8

I don't know if this is pertinent but have you used the "list control" tab in BOM properties?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi

Yep. I've also been trying the 'include / exclude' technique, but it's not practicle, and if use it based on drawing views, only work if all views have same hide/show parts.

Thanks again for the hints. ( and yes, it was pertinent Smiley Happy )

Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8