Hide centerline of tubes created in frame environment?

Legend
Legend

I've searched the forum, can't find a solution to hiding the centerline of tubes in a draft, when created with the frame environment.

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.
7 REPLIES

Re: Hide centerline of tubes created in frame environment?

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

In draft right click on a view, select Properties, on display tab click Part List Options, List All.

On part List you will see Centerline, click on it and uncheck Show.

I hope it works for you.

Marc

Legend
Legend

Doesn't seem to work, that's what is very strange. You have the option there, and in the Selected Part(s) Display there is a Tube centerline style, neither turn off all the centerlines of what was created in Frame environment.

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe my system is broken?

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

there is an option (check box)

only works on original creation.  if view already created you have to manually turn them off..

but the checkbox is in SE Options - Anntubecenterlines.pngotation -

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

What I do is make the actual 3D view look clean (no coordinate systems, planes, sketches, centerlines, etc...) Then match the view to the default. Also, check, apply, then uncheck, apply; the "Use configuration or model view show/hide" switch.

For me this is the easiest because you can see what is on and off. This will not work if you need multiple configurations of what is on/off within the draft environment.

Legend
Legend

Got it! Changed the settings in my draft template, centerlines gone. Thanks for all that helped!

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent.......I just had my colleague ask me, and initially my answer didn't seem to work.......BUT, after a quick search in the forum, I discovered, the key to making this change perpetual like we want it to be, is to modify the template  and save it.

[FYI: closing out doesn't prompt a save...manual save is required]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thats ideal.

Got a model where all the frames have been created with centerlines by another engineer,  would be a total pain to turn them off for each tube in each view, unworkedable. Changed the drawing template, volia!

Daniel