Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Extension Lines on Drawing Dimensions?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Team, 

I have recently had to learn Solid Edge (ST6!). My latest enquirey is if it is possible to hide an extension line  on a dimension?

A specific example is attached where i have a diameter with both extension lines, but have moved the view so that the second extension line is off the sheet so will not print. You can see it in the full screen view of the attachment.

I ran a search of the forum to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Hiding Extension Lines on Drawing Dimensions?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Benjo

nothing easier than this.

Depending on how You have created this dimension You will have sevaral ways to get it as wanted.

If - and I hope You have used that type of dimension - it is a "Symmetric Diameter Dimension" then You can change the full/half disply of that dim with the appropriate options button

If not - what means You have created it as standard length dimension with a diamter symbol as prefix, then You can 

tunr off those elements with the left mouse button at the blue dot symbol at the arrow position

See video:

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @Benjo

just crosschecked the version history and have seen that those small blue point were introduced with ST8 

So You have to go to the properties and set the Projection Line Display and Dimension Line Display to Your desired value (measurement, origin or both)

See video

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Wolfgang, 

Thanks for your help. This symmetry button worked on ST6, the other solution, I think is only available on the later versions as you mentioned.

I did think I previously tried this but with it switching to a radius rather than keeping to diameter, but I must have been thinking of the other button!

Thanks again.

Best Regards

Ben

HI @Benjo

look onto the second video, I just have seen Your older version.

The option is there too but it is not that comfortable to get there as with ST8 and later

regards
Wolfgang