Hnadrails

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am extremely new to Solid Edge and I am learning on my own.  My mentor is out due to medical and I need help.  I am trying to render some handrails and the Assembly environment is out of the question.  The only environment is Part that I am allowed to work in.  Before you ask why, the Head engineer is stuck in Part and will not accept anything in Assembly.  Does Anybody have a solution to rendering in the Part environment for Steal tubing for Handrails?  This will include bending in all planes.  I am working with ST8

6 REPLIES

Re: Hnadrails

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I don't know any way to render in the part environment! I believe it's not possible...

Yasser

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

rendering is available in part envioronement too.

The only restriction will be the type if license You are using.

Both ASM and PAR will need at least a Solid Edge Classic to do what You want.

Foundation will be to less!

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Wolfgang,

in SEST5 it's not possible to render in the PAR environment as schown in the following screenshot:

render_par_asm.png

But I will be able to check it in ST7 in a couple of hours!

Yasser

Experimenter
Experimenter

I do apologize, I may have used the wrong term.  I will put it my terms as I know it.  I am trying to construct handrails in PAR environment. I have been able to do this with the Frame command in the ASM, but my boss wants it done in the PAR.  Is there some advantage to construct in the PAR?  All I have found is that seems to be more involved. 

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

You should be able to construct your handrails in the part environment by creating sketches etc. to show the bending of the different rails.  You can then use the sweep tool to drive profiles along the curves to create the rails.  If your handrails are separate parts with separate part numbers etc. then modeling each rail in its own file and assembling them is the preferred method.  Do you have a picture or something to show us the desired end result?  That will help us guide you in a method to create the rails.  Are these pieces of round tube that are coped/mitered together and welded?

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Legend
Legend

Also you can model different parts in different bodies and dispurse them into an assembly later. Sweep is the way to go. 3D sketching might be useful here.

Using SE since V12, 2002