Hole at an angle

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer
How to create hole at an angle to cylindrical shaft??
5 REPLIES

Betreff: Hole at an angle

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @shreeharsha1

angle in which direction?

Under an angle from a radial position but orthogonal to the axis or under an angle to the axis?

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Hole at an angle

Experimenter
Experimenter

You can use the comment palne to normal curve. just before making an hole, just draw the line where you want to make hole with required angle. the create a hole with the refernce of that line with the option of Plane normal to curve.

Betreff: Hole at an angle

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @shreeharsha1

here You have a first video, showing how I create such a hole using sync capabilities.

If You are placing a sync hole it is oriented radial when moving over the cylinder

If pressing F3 or click the lock symbol You are in tangent plane mode automatically.

So You can place the hole under a specific angle.

Or You rotate it afterwards by using the steering wheel.

Or You place an angular dimension to them.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @shreeharsha1,

In addition to @hawcad's great info.....if you were looking to place a hole angular to the shaft axis, maybe this will help too.

Part file [ST9] also attached....first I placed a sketch line to be the hole axis, then placed a new "Plane" - "Normal to Curve", placing the hole on that plane located to the line endpoint, then, because Synchronous only temporarily uses sketches, I placed dimensions on the hole.....as evident in my screenshot, the construction axis was 60 degrees, and the Sync dimension to the hole feature can be edited to whatever angle, in this case, 45 degrees, plus my inset dimension of 40mm.

2017-05-08 (2).png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom