Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole table properties, need help

Builder
Builder

I am using SE st9. 

I open a draft and designing a box for a customer and want to place a hole table.  I managed to get the table on the sheet, but it is REALLY small, like 1 x 1" in the bottom left corner, wet to ansi size only.

Is there a way that I can make this one better to read?

Thank you for your input and have a great day!

8 REPLIES

Re: Hole table properties, need help

Phenom
Phenom

If the hole table is already created, right click on it and select Properties.

From there you can change everything about the table. At this point you can also save the table layout to a name so you can recreate one like it in the future. 

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Builder
Builder
Hello Bob! Thank you for the reply. I already have a table created and installed but it is really small. When I tried to change the font from 0.125 to 0.75, the table design changed and became really skinny and separated everything to individual columns instead of on top of each other. Is there a proper way within the properties so set them to make the table taller and wider?

Builder
Builder
Also Asa note I have checked all of the help under the F1 key. Not much there or it is scattered all over and does not really point it out

Phenom
Phenom

The text is autowrapping since you increased the size of the text without changing the width of the columns. 

Go back to properties and select the "columns' tab. On the right side you will see the columns currently in use in your template. Select one in the upper right and look straight down. there you will see the column width. Adjust as required to keep text from wrapping.

Bottom left of the window also allows you to set the justification for title and data.

You might also need to adjust the max. table height on the general tab.

Spend some time navigating the various tabs and settings and you will quickly learn how to adjust the table to do what you need.

HTH,

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Builder
Builder

Bob,

Thank you for your help on this.  Have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I have the inverse problem. I draft using 8.5 x 11 with a font size of 3/32"

The hole tables are twice the height they need to be for me with no way to adjust the rows to shorter. I often have to add a page to draft just for hole tables as a result.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @12GAGE,

and what's about the setting for the "Maximum Height" of a table?

Will this help You?

20170825_1744.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

That controls when one column becomes two, not the row height of each row. The only thing that affects the row height is the font size, but there is no control of row height relative to font size.

Every other kind of table does have a row height control. But each table was programmed by a different group of programmers and the coordination between programmers was apparently not done right.