Holes in a synchronous part

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have been mostly successfully using synchronous since it was introduced; the main exception is placing holes.

I have a part that essentially a plate with a notch out of the one corner; added six holes to the plate no problem.  I then add the other ten or twelve holes I need in the plate; I can usually position some of the holes along the Z with no problem, but I always get an error that a change in dimension conflicts with live rules.  Now, I can manually move the same hole that the dimension cannot move into place using the steering wheel.  I have deleted and replaced the holes numerous times just to make sure that I am not accidentally catching any relationships to any other feature in the part.  I do typically construct my parts so they are as symmetrical as possible about the origin

Any ideas or suggestions why I keep having issues getting the holes to move after they are placed?

10 REPLIES

Re: Holes in a synchronous part

I have experianced the same, as does a coworkeer... and sometimes still do...

have not yet been able to find a reproduceable rootcause...

frustrating.

We can move th hole, but can not edit it's dimension...

Usually you can detatch, more and re attach..  btu something odd is going on for sure.

would love to know if others have found causes or best practives to avoid this...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Does Solution Manager show anything conflicting?
LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Jason,

No,  Further more in our testing we suspend live rules, relax dims and relations...

I've been very perplexed in the cases we have had.  we need to submit a case to GTAC but it's just been faster to work around it...

i'll try to come back to this thread next time it happens and post and example file.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Could you share this model?

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

imre,

next time we run across a hole that acts this way i'll come back to this thread and post a file.

I cant think of one, nor have one mis behaving at this time.

Phenom
Phenom

Ok Buddy!

Imics

Experimenter
Experimenter

It is showing conflict, but I can think of no reason the hole I am trying to move now would be in conflict with the faces it is highlighting. 

I'll upload the file I was working on.   I typically do what Matt said, and just use the quicker route of making the part in ordered when synchro has an issue.

The issue occurs when trying to change the 1.645 dimension on the lowest member of Hole11

mark

Phenom
Phenom

Edge(r),

This is a very good example to use Solution Manager! Smiley Wink This is close to "bug", but we have to concentrate for solution!

Use Solution Managers or place your dimension on the same plane or unlock "locked" dimension.

Here is a video about this:

BR,

Imics

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

@Imics and Solution Manager win the day with this one.

But it seems to me this need work.

@BUG-O_Mark can you contact your reseller and file this?

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com